Monday, November 14, 2011

Help! I'm in a Hurry! Hot Dog Stew


Greetings! Today was crazy and when I took mental inventory of what I had ready and available in my fridge and pantry for dinner as well as the recipe box in my mind, I decided to make my childhood favorite, hot dog stew. Now, before you go judging (like Molly did) give this a chance. Here is what you will need to make this recipe: 1 package of good hot dogs sliced (I only use Hebrew National) 1 tablespoon of veggie oil 1 onion sliced 1 clove of garlic crushed 2 cans of green beans drained 2 cans of stewed tomatoes in their juice Italian seasoning Celery seed Cooked rice or pasta of your choice Over medium heat add oil to heavy bottomed skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, but not too browned. We dont want to caramelize here (unless you want to!). Add in sliced hot dogs just to heat and take on some of that flavor. Add in green beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and celery seed. Stir to combine and let come to a simmer to heat through. Serve this over rice (either white or brown), elbow macaroni, egg noodles, spaghetti, you name it. You could even do this over couscous or corn bread, what ever you want. Sit back and enjoy. You will love this comforting meal after a long crazy day. Your kids will love it even if they say they wont. Molly came home from the mall and promptly fixed herself a plate and loved it. She later apologized to me for doubting my culinary prowess. I hope you try this and I hope you enjoy it. Until next time, See Ya!

Bargain Sale Bmi Formula




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links